Terms and conditions
1. Participants must commit to raising a minimum amount of £1,400 sponsorship money. This can be paid to Cure Leukaemia at any point prior to the ride or post event (no later 31.10.2019). If you fail to meet the minimum sponsorship amount you will be requested to personally address any shortfall.
2. All funds raised in the name of Cure Leukaemia must be paid to Cure Leukaemia as soon as is practical, but no later than Wednesday October 31st 2019 (see point 1 above). Cheques should be made payable to “Cure Leukaemia” and sent to: Cure Leukaemia, Floor 3, Suite 309, Colmore Gate, 2-6 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2QD. For bank transfers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. Participants must be at least 16 at the commencement of the ride to be eligible to ride. Riders between the ages of 16-18 may only take part if accompanied by a parent or guardian (responsible adult).
4. Should participants not be able to take up their place on the ride, all donations or sponsorship already paid to Cure Leukaemia can only be refunded directly to the donor on receipt of a written request (letter or email).
5. Whilst we endeavour to follow the itinerary provided, there may be exceptional circumstances when this is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the itinerary as necessary. Due to the nature of the rides and the advance planning necessary, changes may have to be made and Cure Leukaemia reserves the right to do so. Should a material change be necessary, Cure Leukaemia will inform participants as soon as is reasonably possible.
6. Unless a single room supplement is paid for at the time of application, accommodation will be on a shared basis. A rider will only be placed in a shared room with another person of the same sex. Should participants wish to share with someone in particular, this should be specified on the entry form and we will endeavour to meet their wishes but cannot guarantee this.
7. All transfers to the appropriate start point for the ride are entirely the responsibility of the participant.
8. All participants must be in possession of a valid passport and any visas required for their journey.
9. Travel insurance is mandatory for ALL participants of Cure Leukaemia bike rides. Neither holiday nor bike insurance is included in the entry fee. Participants are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. Travel insurance must cover the entire duration of the ride in respect of, but not limited to, medical expenses, death, injury, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment. Travel insurance companies must be informed of the type of activity in which riders are participating. Participants should also obtain an EHIC Card which entitles the bearer to varying levels of treatment whilst in the EU. Further information can be obtained from the Post Office.
10. Participants over the age of 65 or with any on-going medical conditions which may be affected by taking part e.g. a heart complaint, epilepsy or asthma, must provide a medical certificate from their doctor.
11. All participants take part at their own risk. Cure Leukaemia is unable to accept liability for any injury or death, loss or damage however arising, or for cancellation of the event for any reason outside of its control. Registration fees will only be refundable should Cure Leukaemia cancel the tour.
12. It is compulsory to wear a helmet and cleats during the duration of the ride.
13. Cure Leukaemia reserves the right to use any photography or videos taken of participants on behalf of the charity to raise awareness or and / or funds for Cure Leukaemia.
14. All deposits are non-refundable and once each instalment has been paid, Cure Leukaemia is unable to refund the amount due to bookings of accommodation, travel, transfer and kit.
15. Participants who sign up through the £500 deposit option will pay two future instalments of £250 on Friday 31st May 2019 and £249 on Friday 28th June 2019. These payments will be taken automatically. Early instalment payments can be made - please email Georgia@cureleukaemia.co.uk if you would like to pay at a different time.
16. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions in this form, participants are confirming that to the best of their knowledge their general state of health is good and they take full responsibility for their health and personal wellbeing. It should be noted, regardless of the age of participant, that every care should be made to ensure that they are fit enough to take on the challenge.
X. For the purposes of this Condition, personal information includes name and contact details medical data collected for health and safety purposes (“Personal Information”). You agree that your Personal Information can be stored, used by Cure Leukaemia in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the London to Paris Cycle. Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given during the London to Paris Cycle.
X. You agree that your name and contact details can be collected, stored, processed and used by Cure Leukaemia for the purposes of: (a) the promotion and marketing of the London to Paris cycle; and (b) adding you to mailing lists to keep you informed about Cure Leukaemia, any future events and the respective fundraising activities of Cure Leukaemia.
X. If you do not wish Cure Leukaemia to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related solely to your participation in the London to Paris ride, please email email@example.com